Friday, September 5, 2008

Leisure???

I love leisure….But what is leisure, really?

There is no perfect academic definition of leisure. I could potentially spend the next paragraphs discussing the numerous definitions provided by dictionaries and theorists, but I will give my own simplified version instead. Should you however, be curious about a more in-depth explanation of leisure, Google “leisure definition” and browse through the 17,000,000 hits you get…

My definition: Leisure is something that I do because I want to do it, not because I have to do it.
My view of leisure is to some extent black and white and could probably be argued to be wrong, but so can the rest of the definitions and explanations of leisure as well. Leisure is personal and unique to each individual. For the purpose of this blog (and it is MY blog after all, hehehe) is to show the world what leisure is to me. And hopefully inspire you to think about what leisure is to you!

- Cathrine

No comments: