Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sick As A Dog...On a Saturday....Boooooo!


I HAD big plans for this weekend. Sailing on saturday afternoon, party with the girls saturday evening, and attempt to begin my work out regimen on sunday. But, who get's sick? (#%!#)

It is saturday afternoon, and I have barely moved from the couch all day. Started to feel iffy last night and hoped that a substantial dose of vitamin c and garlic was going to kill whatever evil had entered my body....No such luck however. Woke up this morning with a fever, headache, sore throat and no ability to breathe through my nostrils...

After mustering up a fair amount of energy I managed to drag myself to the bathroom and find the Dayquils. This stuff is the bomb! Half an hour later I actually felt like a human being. But, I know that even though I feel okay, I'm really not. Hence the taking it uber easy and relaxing. Sleeping off my cold usually works micracles for me. Hopefully I will be fit for fight come monday morning.

Right now all I want to do is nap, but there are two cicadas outside the house that are having a blast driving me nuts with their piercingly loud musical abilities. Amazing creatures these bugs...I saw one up close the other day and they look so prehistoric.... I found a pic online, whatcha think?


No comments: