I am a big fan of hiking. It could be anything from a gentle stroll in the forest to more challenging trails up a mountain side. The combo of nature, fresh air and company of friends is a winning one! I have been hiking ever since I was a kid. Now, at the age of...... a little bit older....I am still very passionate about this activity. Svalbard provided some excellent hiking trails and I thought I would use this opportunity to post some photos. My friend actually just sent me some pics and I had to smile thinking about the good times we had. You will notice that we are carrying a rifle. That is because there are polar bears in the area, and the rifle is used as protection. In worst case scenario, it will be used on the bear, but like I said, ONLY during worst case scenario. More often it is used to fire warning shots to scare the bear, should it be tempted to look for a human meal. Please be advised that no polar bears were harmed on this hike.



No comments:
Post a Comment