My Leisure Education
Honourable Judge, Members of the jury:
I stand before you today with the mission to prove beyond reasonable doubt, that I, Cathrine Rambech, have become leisure educated. I present to you evidence A- G from my blog entries:
A: I appreciate leisure. In my blog this is shown through numerous leisure experiences and explorations. I physically and psychologically feel the benefits of leisure and recognize how it affects my wellbeing, and in turn, my quality of life. Leisure is not segmented pieces of time, rather a state of mind allowing me to experience it at any given moment.
B: I am aware of myself in leisure. In my blog this is shown through my leisure choices. I tried kiting because of my past fascination and appreciation of snowboarding/wakeboarding and recognized how kiting could bring me current and future challenges and satisfaction.
Through self-awareness and introspection I studied my leisure values and attitudes and their significance guide me in my leisure pursuits.
C: I am self-determined in leisure. In my blog this is shown through freedom of choice; my leisure participation is based on what I want, feel and prefer and not external factors. With freedom of choice comes responsibility, and I have a “what I put in is what I will get out” attitude. By combining that with self-determination I open the door to initiate new leisure opportunities.
D: I interact socially during leisure. In my blog this is shown through me participating in leisure experiences with friends and acquaintances. More importantly however is how I engage in, connect and interact with my surroundings during leisure. My actions and ways of communicating impact the leisure experience of others, just as theirs impact mine. I have developed friendships, bonding and comradeship through my leisure experiences.
E: I use resources facilitating leisure. In my blog this can best be supported by my “quest” to become a Kite-boarder. I progress towards my desire for optimal arousal by talking to and watching other kiters, surfing the internet for places to kite, calling a kite school, reading books and magazines, and buying equipment. I know that identifying and using these resources will help me to participate and experience my leisure of choice.
F: I make decisions about leisure. I make conscious decisions about leisure. In my blog this is shown through my self-awareness and appreciation of leisure. Since I highly value leisure and the intrinsic rewards I get from it, I am determined to solve problems and barriers that act as constraints in order for me to participate. Leisure does not come served on a silver platter; it requires effort, sometimes a whole Leisure Education. But oh is it worth it!
G: I am requiring recreation activity skills. In my blog this is shown through my numerous kite flying practises. I do not yet have enough skill to go out in the water 20knots of wind and kiteboard. Instead I am in open fields on land, slowly but surely learning how to manoeuvre my kite; keeping it in the wind window, doing figure 8’s and kite loops, which are all movements that I need to have control over and feel comfortable with before I strap on my board and get my feet wet.
On being a Leisure Educator: I have leisure educated someone, (see "I did it I did it" blog entry) however, it was through my blog and not in person. It still counts, but I think I can do better...
A leisure flame is burning inside me. I hope to give off sparks and light someone else’s fire.
I rest my case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Insightful blog summary. Demonstrates knowledge of the meaning of leisure in your life. The ideas are supported with examples that relate personal experience to lecture (reading) material. 9/10
Hi babe!
Nice blogs! :)
if you don't mind, I'll keep checking your blog and follow your experiences as a leisure educator ;)
heia Norge!
Post a Comment