Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Falling for Fall

This past saturday I went with my friend to see him do some kiteboarding. I couldnt go in the water myself, so I had to watch from a distance. It was cool to see him and I enjoyed the session. However, I would have love to have participated, but for this event I was just a spectator. (My skill level is still not high enough...yet...) I know that you can be leisuring as a spectator, but I felt more like I was doing recreational activity than anything else. It made me think about how something can be leisure one day and recreation the next depending on your level of engagment.....

Sunday I went for a hike at Mont St.Hillaire and I was leisuring as I was walking the trails, enjoying the views from the mountain top and spending time with my friend. Interesting to observe other people on the mountain and guess wether or not they were at leisure. You cannot tell just by looking at people, but it sure is fun to guess :) Fall colors were stunning!!!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the help. Yeah!! Now I know how to add pics! You should check out my parents' cute puppy. He's only 10 weeks old in the pic but he's 2 yrs old now.

ivanro said...

hey it's ivan, sorry for taking so long to reply, it's cool that you took shotokan when you were younger, yeah some people ruin the fun from activities we enjoy, shame, at tristar where i train,they have muay tai there and karate, kickboxing, theres some girls who go there, i sometimes think it must be intimidating for girls to go there, its mostly a sausage fest there, its cool that your enjoying a new activity,kiting, don't know much about it, take care see ya in class, good luck for the mid term